1. This privacy Notice applies to The Waterfront Hotel’s website at www.waterfronthotelmalta.com and also to official presence on any social media (e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn). We at The Waterfront Hotel take your privacy seriously. Where we refer to the “Website”, we also refer to data collection via these these third-party platforms. This Notice covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Charmaine Camilleri at our address The Waterfront Hotel, The Strand, Sliema, Malta. We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, you can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. By using the Website you consent to this Notice. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
4. We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will provide such details if you wish to sign up for our free e-newsletter or other resources, or if you are making a purchase from us, or an enquiry.Where you may wish to inform us, for the purpose of providing you with appropriate arrangements, we may collect and receive sensitive personal data like health conditions or religious beliefs.
5. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally). Bookings via the website are handled by a third-party. This third-party is bound by confidentiality and data processor clauses and will use your personal data only for the purpose of providing you with the service/s you have requested.
6. Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website are not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third-party payment processors that we use. The Waterfront Hotel will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are required to maintain the confidentiality and protection of your personal data and payment information.
Use of your information
7. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
8. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
8.1.To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
8.2.If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
8.3. Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that we feel may be of interest to you;
8.4. Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
9. We may disclose your information to the relevant authorities and industry service providers where necessary in relation to investigations of fraudulent activities and/or to prevent fraud and minimise credit risk; to enable us to comply with the law. We may also be required to provide personal data to authorities in order to meet licensing obligations. We may also disclose your personal data to answer enquiries made in relation to our services which we have provided to you in order to safeguard our legitimate interests.
10. Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
11. If you do not want us to use your data for our [or third parties’] use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data, or you can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email to email@example.com at any time.
12. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion; provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
13. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and at no cost.
Where we store and transfer your data
14. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service - this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating our servers who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host. We use appropriate procedures in order to protect and safeguard the personal data that you send to us.
15. A transfer of your personal data may happen, for example in cases such as hotel overbooking. If we transfer or store your personal data, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected, as outlined in this privacy Notice and in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
16. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
17. We may disclose your personal data outside of our group:
a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
(b) if The Waterfront Hotel’s business is bought by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the assets to transfer to the buyer. However, any such transfer will only be on terms that the confidentiality of your personal data is protected and that the terms of this privacy notice will continue to be complied with by the recipient. If this happens, you will be notified of such transfer.
18. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in good faith and the belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
19. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com
20. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use adequate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
21. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
23. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 , above , or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
24. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you, this can only happen 5 years after your departure date, as by Maltese Legislation we are obliged to retain any such data for this period of time. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to email@example.com
Changes to this Notice
25. We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data. We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this Privacy Notice.
Please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Waterfront Hotel, The Strand, Sliema Malta or firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 1.1 revised on 20.09.2018
If this checkbox is ticked, then Google Analytics cookies are currently active on your browser. If you wish to turn this off, then untick the box. If the box is already unticked, then Google Analytics is not enabled on your browser.
To make that choice, please click below to receive an opt-out cookie.